Are you considering switching to a menstrual cup? If so, our Menstrual Cup Quiz can help you find the best cup for your body and lifestyle. The Cup Quiz is short, easy to take, and will give you personalized recommendations based on your answers!
Launched in 2016, our innovative menstrual cup quiz is the first of its kind and an industry maker that set the standard for menstrual cup education! It was developed with more than a decade of experience by working hand-in-hand with industry disruptors and thought leaders.
The Cup Quiz continues to be thoughtfully updated with new brands and the experiences and feedback from our incredible community. Answer a few questions, and you’ll be matched with a selection of cups best suited for your unique body, period experience, lifestyle, and other needs.
The Menstrual Cup Quiz
Looking for The Disc Quiz? Click here.
The menstrual cup quiz is embedded above this text. If you cannot see it, please make sure you have cookies enabled or try another browser or device. If the problem persists, please email me.
What To Know Before You Get Started
We’ve combined our extensive menstrual cup knowledge with our Menstrual Cup Comparison Chart to create the original and most accurate menstrual cup quiz (we know, we’ve polled!) to help point you to the best menstrual cup for your body, age, history, activity level, and more. Our goal is to help you find a cup that will work for your needs the first time!
We invite you to take this easy-to-use quiz, even if you’re a cup user, but especially if you aren’t! We have included questions to address the most common complaints about period cups in the hopes that the answers will lead you to a better cup for you.
Before you take the quiz, please keep a few things in mind:
- I am not a doctor. This quiz was designed by advocates with decades of combined experience as cup users and people who have had to navigate menstruation for at least twice that. It was also developed with the consideration of countless hours spent talking with others, listening to their feedback, and learning from their experiences. This quiz was informed and designed by experience at its core. It is a sharing of peer experiences and is not medical advice.
- For the best, most accurate results, answer each question to the best of your ability and based on averages. For example, if you have one heavy day with the rest being light, I suggest selecting a medium or average flow rather than basing that answer on your heaviest or lightest day. Answering based on the more extreme portions of your period will likely result in reduced accuracy and a less-than-ideal cup. Please also remember that it’s normal to empty your period cup more often on heavier days.
- We can help! If you take the quiz and only receive a suggestion for a cup you use or have used and don’t love, join our Facebook community, and we can collectively help you troubleshoot! Our menstrual cup quiz works for most people, but bodies are complex! We have a lot of tricks up our sleeves — some we even use ourselves to make our own cups leakproof, and we would love to help you make your cup work.
What is the best menstrual cup for you?
I am often asked what the “best menstrual cup” is, and the inconvenient truth is that it is all about what works for your body and your lifestyle. I wish it were as simple as telling you my favorite cup or asking a friend what works for them, but that’s just not the case.
I may be biased, but I believe we have the best menstrual cup quiz. Our quiz was thoughtfully designed to make choosing a cup as easy as possible by giving you the confidence of knowing that the cup you’re choosing was selected based on your body, period, wants, and needs.
My best advice is to start by taking the quiz and answering each question to the best of your ability. Each answer is carefully weighted in order to calculate what cup will work best for your needs. Once completed, you will be presented with 3 to 6 cups that are similar and solely based on your answers. You can confidently choose any cup listed or fine-tune your decision by comparing your results on the menstrual cup chart or comparison tool.
If you have questions or need additional support and encouragement, join the Put A Cup In It Community on Facebook to get experiences and feedback from nearly 100k menstruators who have been right where you are.
Additional Helpful Resources:
- Looking for The Disc Quiz?
- Menstrual Cup FAQ
- Menstrual Cup Comparison Chart (With Visual Comparison Tool)
- Video: How to Measure Your Cervix
- Video: Cup Folding Techniques
- Video: Cups for Heavy Flow
- Video: How to Find Your Goldilocks Cup
- Video: 4 Tips for Perfecting the Fit of Your Cup
- Video: How to Pick Your Size
- Video: How to Insert
- Video: How to Remove
- Video: Troubleshooting Cup Leaks
Last but not least, I am always open to suggestions for future edits based on your experiences. Please feel free to drop me your thoughts by emailing me at email@example.com
The menstrual cup quiz, along with all of our other resources, are projects that I care deeply about. They have helped countless people find their ideal period cup (and other period products) and successfully switch from Day 1. They have also helped current users improve their experience by pairing them with a cup or product better suited for their needs and anatomy.
While we have affiliate relationships with most brands featured, it does not impact what cups and brands are included in your results. Each product is selected based on how well it fits strict criteria for fit, quality, and accessibility. If you decide to purchase using one of our links, we may receive a small percentage, and we thank you!
I’ve used a diva cup2 for years! This quiz recommended I use a Saalt Cup Regular and I bought it because my old cup was on its last leg. WOW! such a difference! So comfortable.